Lathe of St Augustine
St Augustine was not one of the original lathes and did not exist at the time of the Domesday Book. By 1295 the lathe of St Augustine was in existence formed by the merger of the lathes of Borough and Eastry. These lathes were spelled Borowart and Estrei in the Domesday Book.
The Lathe of St Augustine contains the following Hundreds:
- Whitstable (with the Liberty of Seasalter)
- Westgate (with the City of Canterbury)
- Bewsborough (with the Town of Dover)
- Eastry (with the Town of Sandwich)
The Lathe of St Augustine has an area of 166,760 acres.
- Jolliffe, J. E. A. (1929). "The Hidation of Kent". The English Historical Review (Oxford University Press) 44 (176): 612–18. doi:10.1093/ehr/xliv.clxxvi.612. SSN 1477-4534.
- The Domesday Book: Kent (Publisher: Phillimore & Co Ltd, 1 Nov 1983): The original text and translation
- The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent: Volume 8, author:Edward Hasted, publ. 1797
- The Hidation of Kent by J. E. A. Jolliffe and Census 1832