Nore Valley Way
The route is designated as a 'National Waymarked Trail' by the National Trails Office and is managed by Trail Kilkenny, a group made up of representatives of the local council, the Kilkenny Sports Partnership and local landowners. Two stages are open at present: the first from Kilkenny to Bennettsbridge and the second from Thomastown to Inistioge. The final section – linking Bennettsbridge and Thomastown – is under construction.
- The Kilkenny to Bennettsbridge section is 7½ miles long and follows the River Nore, passing the Black Marble limestone quarries, which give Kilkenny its nickname, the "Marble City", and Maddockstown, the home of the surveyor Arthur Oliver Wheeler and father of Everest pioneer Edward Oliver Wheeler.
- The Thomastown to Inistioge section is 7 miles long and follows the banks of the Nore past Grennan Castle, built in the 13th century by Thomas Fitzanthony, the 18th century Ballyduff House and Brownsbarn Forest.
- Nore Valley Way on IrishTrails (Irish Sports Council)
- "About Us". Trail Kilkenny. http://www.trailkilkenny.ie/about-us/. Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- Trail Kilkenny. "Kilkenny to Bennetsbridge, Ireland". EveryTrail. http://www.everytrail.com/guide/trail-kilkenny-ireland-kilkenny-to-bennetsbridge. Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- Trail Kilkenny. "Thomastown to Inistioge Walk, Ireland". EveryTrail. http://www.everytrail.com/guide/trail-kilkenny-ireland-thomastown-to-inistioge. Retrieved 7 August 2011.
|Long-distance footpaths in the Republic of Ireland|
National Waymarked Trails: Ballyhoura Way • Barrow Way • Bealach na Gaeltachta, Dún na nGall • Beara Way • Blackwater Way • Bluestack Way • Burren Way • Cavan Way • Croagh Patrick Heritage Trail • Dingle Way • Dublin Mountains Way • East Clare Way • East Munster Way • Grand Canal Way • Hymany Way • Kerry Way • Lough Derg Way • Mid Clare Way • Miners Way and Historical Trail • Monaghan Way • Multeen Way • Nore Valley Way • North Kerry Way • Offaly Way • Royal Canal Way • Sheep's Head Way • Slieve Bloom Way • Slieve Felim Way • Sligo Way • South Leinster Way • Suck Valley Way • Táin Way • Tipperary Heritage Way • Western Way • Westmeath Way • Wicklow Way