Rapsgate

From Wikishire
Jump to: navigation, search
Rapsgate Hundred in Gloucestershire

Rapsgate Hundred is a hundred of Gloucestershire. It comprises an area of the Cotswolds extending from the escarpment above Gloucester in the west to the valley of the River Coln in the east. It is bounded by Cheltenham Hundred to the north; by Bradley Hundred to the east; by Brightwells Barrow hundred to the south-east; by Crowthorne and Minety hundred to the south-west; by Bisley Hundred to the south-west; and by Dudstone and King's Barton to the north-west.[1]

Rapsgate hundred was one of the Seven Hundreds of Cirencester granted to Cirencester Abbey in 1189.

It comprises the ancient parishes of:

*: Remainder in Crowthorne and Minety hundred.

References

Outside links

Hundreds of Gloucestershire

Barton Regis (including Bristol) • Berkeley • Bisley • Bledisloe • Botloe • Bradley • Brightwells Barrow • Cheltenham • Cleeve • Crowthorne and Minety (including Cirencester) • Deerhurst • Duchy of Lancaster • Dudstone and King's Barton (including Gloucester) • Grumbald's Ash • Henbury • Kiftsgate • Langley and Swinehead • Longtree • Pucklechurch • Rapsgate • St Briavels • Slaughter • Tewkesbury • Thornbury • Tibaldstone • Westbury • Westminster • Whitstone