Orior Lower is a barony in County Armagh. It lies in the east of the county and borders County Down with its eastern boundary. It is bordered by seven other baronies: Fews Upper to the south-west; Fews Lower to the west; Oneilland West to the north-west; Oneilland East to the north; Iveagh Lower, Lower Half (Co. Down) to the north-east; Iveagh Upper, Upper Half (Co. Down) to the east; and Orior Upper to the south. A small enclave of Orior Lower resides in the east of Orior Upper. The name is from the Irish Airthir, the name of an ancient Gaelic territory.
List of main settlements
Below is a list of settlements within Orior Lower:
Villages and population centres
- Eleven Lane Ends
- Loughgilly (also part in the baronies of Fews Lower and Orior Upper)
List of parishes
- Killevy (split with barony of Orior Upper)
- Kilmore (split with barony of Oneilland West, not be confused with separate civil parish of Kilmore in County Down)
- Loughgilly (split with baronies of Fews Upper and Orior Upper)
- PRONI Baronies of Northern Ireland
- Ireland's History in Maps - The Baronies of Ireland
- Baronies of Armagh
- "Orior Lower". Placenames Database of Ireland. Department of Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs. http://www.logainm.ie/295.aspx. Retrieved 8 June 2011.
- PRONI Civil Parishes of County Armagh
- Baronies and civil parishes of County Armagh