Orior Upper is a barony in County Armagh. It lies in the south-east of the county and borders the Republic of Ireland with its southern boundary. It is bordered by five other baronies in Northern Ireland: Fews Upper and an enclave of Fews Lower to the west; Orior Lower to the north; Iveagh Upper, Upper Half to its west, which is divided in two by the Lordship of Newry. It also borders two baronies in the Republic of Ireland: Dundalk Lower and Dundalk Upper to the south. The name is from the Irish Airthir, the name of an ancient Gaelic territory.
List of settlements
Below is a list of settlements in Orior Upper:
- Forkhill (also part in the barony of Orior Lower)
- Jerrettspass (also part in the barony of Orior Lower)
- Loughgilly (also part in the baronies of Fews Lower and Orior Lower)
List of parishes
- Killevy (split with the barony of Orior Lower)
- Loughgilly (split with the baronies of Fews Lower and Orior Lower)
- Newry (also partly in the baronies of Lordship of Newry, Oneilland West and Iveagh Upper, Lower Half)
- PRONI Baronies of Northern Ireland
- Ireland's History in Maps - The Baronies of Ireland
- Baronies of Armagh
- "Orior Upper". Placenames Database of Ireland. Department of Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs. http://www.logainm.ie/296.aspx. Retrieved 8 June 2011.
- PRONI Civil Parishes of County Armagh
- Baronies and civil parishes of County Armagh