Tandragee from the south
|Council:|| Armagh, Banbridge|
|Newry and Armagh|
The name of the village is from the Gaelic Tóin re Gaoith, meaning "Backside to the wind", which refers to the hillside on which the village is built. Earlier spellings of the town's name include Tanderagee and Tonregee.
Overlooking the village is Tandragee Castle. Originally the seat of the Ó hAnluain sept, it was taken over during the Plantation of Ulster and rebuilt in about 1837 by George Montagu, 6th Duke of Manchester. Today, its grounds are home to the Tayto potato-crisp factory.
- Football: Tandragee Rovers
There is a golf course within the grounds of Tandragee Castle, within walking distance of the main street. It is 6,218-yard, par 71, and a hilly parkland course.
Tandragee is also home to the Tandragee 100, a motorcycle road racing event held each year on country roads near the town.
Thomas Sinton opened a mill in town in the 1880s, an expansion of his firm from its original premises at nearby Laurelvale - a model village which he built. Sintons' mill, at the banks of the River Cusher, remained in production until the 1990s.
The potato-crisp company Tayto has a factory and offices beside Tandragee Castle. It offers guided tours.
Tanderagee railway station opened on 6 January 1852 and was shut on 4 January 1965.
There is an airstrip for landing and taking off of small aircraft near the old porridge factory.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
- Tandragee Golf Club
- Tandragee Rovers Football Club
- Tandragee 100 Motorcycle Road Race
- The Tanderagee Idol
- Tandragee Baptist Church
- Tandragee District L.O.L. No.4
- Eirgrid-SONI Transmission System Map, October 2007
- Tandragee to get mill back in action, The Belfast Telegraph
- "Tandragee station". Railscot - Irish Railways. http://www.railscot.co.uk/Ireland/Irish_railways.pdf. Retrieved 2007-11-24.