Winnibriggs and Threo
The wapentakes of Winnibriggs and Threo (or Threw) were formed in the early Middle Ages. Both are mentioned in Domesday Book. It is unclear when they were merged. In the 1830s the combined wapentake included part of the town of Grantham (the "Soke of Grantham" was usually designated separately in that period) and of the parishes of:
- Allington (East and West)
- Boothby Pagnell
- Grantham (Harrowby and Spittlegate)*
- Heydour (except Kelby and Culverthorpe)†
- Little Ponton
- Ropsley with Little Humby
- Somerby with Great Humby
- Stoke (North Stoke)*
- Wyville with Hungerton
*: Remainder in the Soke of Grantham.
†: Remainder in Aswardhurn wapentake.
- Open Domesday  and  Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- It was noted in the "Abstract of Answers and Returns" of the Population Act of 1831 that the Soke of Grantham "is surrounded by the Wapentake of Winnibriggs and Threo in a very irregular manner." Selection of Reports and Papers of the House of Commons ..., Volume 57, p. 338. Retrieved 31 May 2014.
|Wapentakes of Lincolnshire|
Holland: Elloe • Kirton • Skirbeck • Kesteven: Aswardhurn • Aveland • Beltisloe • Boothby Graffoe • Flaxwell • Grantham Soke • Langoe • Loveden • Ness • Winnibriggs and Threo • Lindsey: West Riding: Aslacoe • Corringham • Manley • Lawress • Well • North Riding: Bradley Haverstoe • Ludborough • Walshcroft • Yarborough • South Riding: Bolingbroke • Calceworth • Candleshoe • Gartree • Hill • Horncastle • Louth Eske • Wraggoe