Urquhart and Logie Wester
The ancient parishes of Urquhart and Logie were united in the 1660s to form one parish. The former, comprehending the eastern district, and the latter, the western district of the parish. On the east, it is bounded by the parish of Resolis, on the south and south-west, by the parishes of Knockbain and Killearnan, on the west, by the parish of Urray, on the north, the boundary is formed by the Cromarty Firth and the River Conan, which separate it from the parishes of Kiltearn, Dingwall, Fodderty, and part of Urray.
Logie Wester is so named to differentiate it from Logie Easter, also in Ross. Both Urquhart and Logie previously had their own parish churches, both of which are now in ruins. However today there are several more modern churches in the parish of Urquhart and Logie Wester. The Battle of Logiebride took place in 1597.
- Highland Historic Environment Record