Gatehouse on Nettleden Road
Ringshall is one of four place-names in the villages around Edlesborough that have an origin with the suffix healh; the others being Dagnall, Hudnall and Northall. Healh is an Old English word of uncertain meaning known only from place-names, which may mean a lordly hall (heall) or a pagan temple (ealh).
Ringshall-Hall Farm is in the Edlesborough part of the hamlet's lands, but the hamlet was always appendant to Ivinghoe. The Ivinghoe part of the hamlet was made part of Little Gaddesden civil parish in 1895, but some houses have since been built along Beacon Road in the area that remained as part of the civil parish of Ivinghoe.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
about Ringshall, Buckinghamshire)
- A. Mawer and F. M. Stenton, The Place-Names of Buckinghamshire, English Place-Name Society volume 2, 1925, pp.94-95.
- George Lipscomb, History and Antiquities of the County of Buckingham: Volume III, J. & W. Robins, 1847, p.402.
- Vision of Britain: Little Gaddesden Relationships
- J. Leonhardt, A Century Remembered: The Millennium Book for Little Gaddesden, Ringshall, Hudnall and Ashridge, Rural Heritage Society, 2002, ISBN 0-9542174-0-3.