Llangwyryfon is a village and parish in Cardiganshire. It lies on the B4576 road about eight miles to the south and east of Aberystwyth. The village lies in the valley of the River Wyre and contains the roadbridge where the B4576 crosses the Wyre downstream of which lies the confluence of the rivers Beidiog and the Wyre. The name Llangwyryfon derives from the tale of Saint Ursula to whom the village church is dedicated. 'Llan' is Welsh for church and the 'gwyryddon' are the 11,000 virgins who Ursula was martyred along with.
There is an Iron Age site in the village at Caer Argoed. In 1942 an early mediæval, 5th-6th century carved stone was found in a field in the village by a farmer ploughing the field.
There is a Post office and general store in the village as well as a church and a chapel.
Clubs and societies
Llangwyryfon Community Primary School is located in the village. Llangwyryfon is in the catchment area of the two secondary schools in Aberystwyth, Penweddig Community Secondary School and Penglais School.
- The main industry in the area is livestock farming.
- There is a scrapyard in the village.
- Llangwyryfon Wind Farm is split between Llangwyryfon and Lledrod, it is a wind farm of 20 wind turbines.
- Bus timetable on CCC website