History & Amenities
The village was built along the southern side of the scenic River Ystwyth and contains a parish church, Nonconformist chapel, primary school, GP Surgery and garage. Unfortunately the village post office is now closed but a mobile van visits several times during the week.
The parish church is dedicated to St Hilary and has a large square tower, chancel, nave and porch. In the porch is a hollowed stone for holding holy water, and above the door an ancient beam with carved heads and animals, inscribed with the words: J.S. W.W.A. Church Wardens, 1683.  It is a grade II* listed building. 
Llanilar railway station on the line from Carmarthen to Abserystwyth opened in 1867 and closed in 1964 following severe flooding in the Llanilar area.
There is also a Roman site just on the east border of the village.
- Dai Jones - broadcaster, lives and farms in Llanilar
- Meyrick, Samuel Rush. (1907) The History of Cardiganshire. Stephen Collard. pg. 284.
- "Church of Saint Ilar, Llanilar". British Listed Buildings. http://www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/wa-9840-church-of-saint-ilar-llanilar. Retrieved 18 December 2013.