Afon Aeron at Llangeitho
It is primarily associated with the name of Daniel Rowland (born in the village in 1713) and the Welsh Methodist revival of the 18th century. Rowland served as curate at Nantcwnlle and Llangeitho. The village's chapel, built in 1760, became famous throughout Wales as a Methodist centre, and thousands of people visited it to listen to the preaching. Rowland was buried in the village and there is a memorial column to him there. Two more chapels were built, in 1764 and 1814, to replace the original chapel. The village witnessed many periods of religious revival throughout that century, but the most powerful was that of 1762. Rejoicing, dancing and jumping for joy were seen during the 1762 revival. Welsh Methodists earned the name 'Jumpers' as a result. William Williams Pantycelyn wrote in defence of these celebrations.
The village church, situated on the north side of the village, is an ancient one, but the first substantial reference to it is from around 1900: the pretty mediæval double screen and the old wooden stairs leading up to the gallery were destroyed.
The church and parish are named after St Ceitho, and St Ceitho's Spring is nearby: its water is said to be cool in summer and warm in winter.
At the edge of the village is the mansion of Cwrt Mawr, where antiquary John Humphreys Davies assembled a valuable collection of Welsh-language manuscripts known as the Cwrtmawr manuscripts, which Davies gave to the National Library of Wales and now forms part of its manuscript collection.
- Office for National Statistics : Census 2001 : Parish Headcounts : Ceredigion Retrieved 19 January 2010
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
- Llangeitho and Welsh revivals by D. Geraint Jones. At the Heath Christian Bookshop website
- Statistics about Llangeitho
- www.geograph.co.uk : photos of Llangeitho and surrounding area