Church of St Michael, Hackthorn
The 2001 census reckoned Hackthorn to have a population of 180. At the 2011 census, the population of the 'Hackthorn and Cold Hanworth' parish (which includes Cold Hanworth) was 207.
There has been settlement here since Roman times. Its most prominent building today is its hall, a large square brick house, built in the late 18th century in a landscaped park of around a hundred acres.
Situated among the trees of the park overlooking the lake is the parish church, dedicated to St Michael and All Angels. A village church is mentioned in the Domesday Book, but the present church is a Victorian Gothic building. It contains carved woodwork in the reredos screen and gallery, and an 1869 Nicholson Organ, fully restored in 2006.
There are also a primary school, post office, shop and village hall.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
- Hackthorn & Cold Hanworth: The Owmby Group of Parishes