Church of All Saints, Cold Hanworth
Cold Hanworth is a village and civil parish in Lindsey, the northern part of Lincolnshire. It is eight miles north of the county town, the City of Lincoln, and just north of the A46. Close by is Hackthorn (the two sharing a civil parish, 'Hackthorn and Cold Hanworth').
About the village
The former parish church, All Saints, was rebuilt in 1861, replacing one of mediæval origin. The building was converted to a private house and renamed Old Church House in 1966. It remains a Grade II listed building. The church has been disused since 1973.
Another interesting building in the village, and Grade II listed, is a Green Lane Farm Cottage, which unsurprisingly is a farm cottage on Green Lane, of the 18th century with 19th century additions.
To the south of the village are the earthwork remains of Cold Hanworth mediæval village. This settlement was established in the 11th century but abandoned by the 18th.
Cold Hanworth Forge is a working forge and which teaches the blacksmith's craft.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
about Cold Hanworth)