Branston Booths crossroads
Branston Booths is a small village in Kesteven, the south-west part of Lincolnshire. The village is situated approximately five miles east of the city and county town of Lincoln, at the intersection of the Car Dyke and Branston Delph drain. The drain reaches out to the canalised River Witham downstream of Lincoln.
A church mission hall with seating for over 500 was built at Branston Booths in 1931. A Methodist chapel with seating for 110 was built to the south-west of the village at Branston Moor in 1911.
Neolithic axes and arrowheads have been found in Branston Booths, as well as Bronze Age socketed axes and round barrows.
Branston Booths and Potterhanworth Booths were both settled by the Romans. At Branston Booths, remains of a Roman villa(s) and tile kiln were found, as well as tracks, pottery, coins and building debris.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
about Branston Booths)