All Saints' Church, West Ashby
|Louth and Horncastle|
West Ashby is a village in Lindsey, the northern part of Lincolnshire, on the A153 Horncastle to Louth road two miles north of the centre of Horncastle. Farthorpe, Middlethorpe, and Furzehills are hamlets within the parish.
The 2011 Census recorded a population of 252; the same as in 2001.
The parish church, All Saints, was extensively restored between 1848 and 1873.
About the village
The remains of a henge monument can be found just west of the village, off Docking Lane.
Furze Hills is the site of the plague village of Northorpe.
Horncastle's golf club is located at West Ashby Country Park, where Shearman's Wath road crosses the River Bain.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
about West Ashby)
- West Ashby: louthuk.com'