Old Church Farm, Rudgeway
The original village name was Ridgeway, since it was spread out along the upper edge of the escarpment above the Severn floodplain.
The former Methodist chapel built in 1896 is a small gothic structure. The church closed in 2001 and has been converted into a house. A second small chapel, built in 1864, has also been converted into a private dwelling.
The Rudgeway Donkey Sanctuary, situated on the A38, is home to 13 donkeys and three sheep. They are cared for entirely by local volunteers.
There is a petrol station and a pub, 'The Masons Arms' to the north of the village and South of Rudgeway a long straight section of the A38, known as the Mile Straight, heads towards Almondsbury.