|Council:||Neath Port Talbot|
The surrounding area has much attractive countryside and a substantial wind farm above the village at Ffynon Oer.
The Neath and Tennant Canal has been restored and now has over four miles of walkable towpath between Resolven and Glynneath. The Vale of Neath Railway is still used for freight transport between Neath and Cwmgwrach.
There is a local rugby union team, Resolven RFC. Resolven has also played host to one of the best known stages of the Rally of Great Britain for many years.
- Resolven is the home of local MP Peter Hain and his second wife Elizabeth Haywood.
- Debbie Llewellyn, originally from Resolven, was the Mayor of Gloucester for 2014-15.
- "Community population 2011". http://www.neighbourhood.statistics.gov.uk/dissemination/LeadKeyFigures.do?a=7&b=11127892&c=Resolven&d=16&e=62&g=6493644&i=1001x1003x1032x1004&m=0&r=1&s=1428854714337&enc=1. Retrieved 12 April 2015.
- "Peter Hain". BBC Wales. http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/southwest/halloffame/public_life/peter_hain.shtml. Retrieved August 15, 2010.
- "Meet the new Mayor of Gloucester Debbie Llewellyn". Gloucester Citizen. http://www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk/Meet-new-Mayor-Gloucester-Debbie-Llewellyn/story-21281822-detail/story.html. Retrieved 15 December 2014.
- Cymdeithas Hanes Resolfen History Society
- Monumental Inscriptions for Resolven
- Resolven Rugby Club Official Site
- www.geograph.co.uk : photos of Resolven and surrounding area