Osgodby, East Riding
Its sister village is Barlby, which lies directly to the west and with which it forms the civil parish of Barlby with Osgodby. The village park has climbing frames, swings, a slide and a football pitch. There is a pizza takeaway, a builder's merchant, and hairdressing salon. It also has a large garden centre and a country pub called 'The Wadkin Arms'.
There is a pond opposite the village park. It has a bench and a balcony. There is currently a family of moorhens that inhabit the village pond.
Osgodby used to have a village shop, near the Barlby junction, but this is currently closed.
The hamlet of Osgodby Common lies due north at SE646354.
Osgodby was a civil parish between 1866 and 1935, when it was merged with that of Barlby to form the new parish of Barlby with Osgodby.
- Watts, Victor, ed. (2010), "Osgodby", The Cambridge Dictionary of English Place-Names, Cambridge University Press
- Baggs, A P; Kent, G H R; Purdy, J D (1976). "Hemingbrough". in Allison, K J. A History of the County of York East Riding: Volume 3, Ouse and Derwent Wapentake, and Part of Harthill Wapentake. pp. 37–47. http://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/yorks/east/vol3/pp37-47. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
about Osgodby, East Riding)