St Mary the Virgin, Manuden
|Post town:||Bishop's Stortford|
Manuden is a village and parish in north-western Essex. It is located around 3½ miles north of Bishop's Stortford, in neighbouring Hertfordshire, and around eight miles south-west of Saffron Walden. The village has its own parish council.
Manuden is mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086 as one of the settlements within Clavering hundred.
The local church is St Mary the Virgin. A tablet within the church commemorates the Jacobean statesman and diplomat William Wade, who spent his retirement at Battles Hall in the village, and is buried in the church.
There are several active village organisations, including a local history society, junior football club and a cricket club.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
- "Parish population 2011". http://www.neighbourhood.statistics.gov.uk/dissemination/LeadKeyFigures.do?a=7&b=11126290&c=CM23+1AA&d=16&e=62&g=6426438&i=1001x1003x1032x1004&m=0&r=0&s=1443353012738&enc=1. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- "Manuden Village Website". http://www.manuden.org.uk/. Retrieved 2009-06-08.
- "Conservation area map of Manuden". http://ggpweb.uttlesford.gov.uk:81/custom/shell/launcher.asp?dept=Planning%20Info&scriptname=plan%20apps&cpx=554685000&cpy=238362000&scale=3500. Retrieved 2009-06-17.
- "Listed buildings map of Manuden". http://ggpweb.uttlesford.gov.uk:81/custom/shell/launcher.asp?dept=Planning%20Info&scriptname=plan%20apps&cpx=554685000&cpy=238362000&scale=3500. Retrieved 2009-06-17.
- "Manuden Primary School". http://www.manuden.essex.sch.uk/. Retrieved 2009-06-08.
- "Department for Education KS2 Statistics 2010". http://www.education.gov.uk/performancetables/primary_10/england.shtml. Retrieved 2011-01-14.