|Brigg and Goole|
The village is contiguous with the village of Garthorpe in Lincolnshire to the east, with which it forms one community and civil parish. The two are joined by a section of road which crosses the previous course of the River Don, which forms the county border.
By 1881 the township was described as: "on the west bank of the old Don River, which is now filled in and under cultivation". Lords of the manor and principal landowners were the Master and fellows of St Catharine's College, Cambridge. Chief crops grown were flax, potatoes, wheat and beans on an area of 910 acres. Occupations at the time included a land surveyor, a tailor, a miller, and three farmers, one of whom was a landowner who lived at the Hall and employed a farm bailiff. Fockerby's population in 1871 was 88.
Fockerby was once served by Fockerby railway station the terminus of a branch line from Goole.
- Kelly's Directory of the West Riding of Yorkshire, 1881, p. 26
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|