The East Neuk or in full the East Neuk of Fife is an area of the coast of Fife, geographically ill-defined but nonetheless stirs local passions.
"Neuk" is the Scots language word for nook or corner, and the East Neuk is generally accepted to comprise the fishing villages of the most northerly part of the Firth of Forth and the land and villages slightly inland therefrom. In effect, this means that part to the south of a line drawn parallel to the coast of Fife from just north of Earlsferry to just north of Crail. As such it would include the following villages:
- St Monans
- Location map: 56°14’35"N, 2°42’2"W
- The East Neuk of Fife: Its History and Antiquities, Geology, Botany, and Natural History in General, Rev Walter Wood, AM
- Rick Steves' Great Britain 2008, Rick Steves
- Biographical Dictionary of Eminent Men of Fife; M. F. Conolly 1866
This Fife article is a stub: help to improve Wikishire by building it up.