Crinow is a village and ancient parish in Pembrokeshire, to the east of Narberth. It forms a detached part of the Hundred of Dungleddy, surrounded by Narberth Hundred. The parish forms part of the civil community of Narberth.
The derivation of the placenames (English and Welsh) is obscure.
The parish was originally a manor attached to St David's. It is close to the Landsker Line (the Pembrokeshire language frontier) and was described as Welsh-speaking by George Owen in 1602, but today it is predominantly English speaking.
The census populations were: 53 (1801): 69 (1851): 56 (1901): 32 (1951): 31 (1981).
The percentage of Welsh speakers was 70 (1891): 48 (1931): 20 (1971).
- Charles, B. G., The Placenames of Pembrokeshire, National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth, 1992, ISBN 0-907158-58-7, pp 485