St Guthlac's parish church
It is located on the River Ivel, just to the north of Stotfold. Hinxworth, in neighbouring Hertfordshire, is also nearby. The Great North Road passes just to the east of the village. The A1 was improved around 1958, began in 1957, known as the Edworth to Astwick Turn scheme. It is the first non-motorway section of dual-carriageway north of the Baldock motorway bypass.
Astwick was first recorded in the Domesday Book in 1086.
The village has one church, the Parish Church of St Guthlac, one of only two churches in England dedicated to this saint. Another notable building is the moated Astwick Bury, which dates from around 1700 and is Grade-II listed.
- "Astwick, Bedfordshire". Britain Express. http://www.britainexpress.com/counties/bedfordshire/az/astwick.htm. Retrieved 8 March 2014.
- "Astwick Bury". British Listed Buildings. http://www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/en-37802-astwick-bury-astwick-. Retrieved 8 March 2014.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|