- Not to be confused with Aisby, Kesteven
Farmyard in Aisby
Aisby is a hamlet in the parish of Corringham, in the Lindsey part of Lincolnshire. It is situated just over a mile north of the A631 road and Corringham; four miles north-east of Gainsborough; and five miles south-east of Kirton in Lindsey.
Aisby is listed in the 1086 Domesday Book as "Aseby", in the Corringham Wapentake of the West Riding of Lindsey. It comprised 8 households, with 1 smallholder and 7 freemen. In 1066 Earl Edwin was Lord of the Manor; by 1086 this had been transferred to King William, who also became Tenant-in-chief.
Old Hall, a Grade-II listed building in Aisby, originates from the 14th century, with 17th-century alterations, and substantial alterations and additions in the 19th and 20th centuries.