Tedburn St Mary
|Tedburn St Mary|
Church in Town Barton, by Tedburn St Mary
The church of St Mary is at Town Barton, the former site of the village which is north of the present one. The west tower has diagonal buttresses and a polygonal stair turret. The nave is unusually wide; the north transept and the north aisle may be 14th century. The chancel was rebuilt in 1868.
The Trafalgar Way long-distance route runs through the village.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
about Tedburn St Mary)
- Nikolaus Pevsner: Pevsner Architectural Guides