Rosskeen is a parish in Ross-shire, 13 miles north-east from Dingwall, containing the town of Invergordon and that part of Alness east of the River Averon. This place is supposed to have derived its name, in the Gaelic language signifying "meeting", from the junction of the districts of Easter and Wester Ross on the western boundary of the parish. The church, which is situated in the centre of the parish, was erected in 1833.
This parish is situated on the northern shore of the Cromarty Firth. It is bounded on the east by the parish of Kilmuir Easter, on the west by Alness and on the north by the parish of Kincardine and Edderton and on the south by the Cromarty Firth.building it up.