|Post town:||Ebbw Vale|
Rassau, sometimes The Rassau is a village located in southern Brecknockshire that forms part of the "Heads of the Valleys" conurbation around Ebbw Vale, Monmouthshire. According to the 2011 census, the population of Rassau is 3,234. Residents often refer to either Old Rassau and New Rassau or Bottom Rassau and Top Rassau to distinguish the different parts of the village.
Circuit of Wales
An 830-acre site northwest of the village and beyond Rassau Industrial Estate is the proposed site of the Circuit of Wales, a 3½-mile motor racing circuit which is currently subject to planning permission. The proposed £250m development is claimed by backers to represent the most significant capital investment programme in automotive and motor sports infrastructure in the UK in 50 years. The development would also include: a karting track; a 4x4 circuit; a Motocross track; a racing academy including driver education; a low carbon technology park; an extension to the existing industrial estate; a retail park; a hotel and leisure facilities. The backers have proposed in their plans that up to 12,000 jobs could be created across the development, in an area which currently has one of the UK's highest unemployment rates. Located directly adjacent to the border of Brecon Beacons National Park, the development is opposed by organisations including the Gwent Wildlife Trust and the Open Spaces Society. If given planning permission, construction would be undertaken by FCC Construcción of Spain, and be built to Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile and Federation Internationale de Motocyclisme.
- Census 2011 Statistics Overview: Rassau Ward Profile. Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Circuit of Wales - where". Circuit of Wales. http://circuitofwales.com/where-is-it.html. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- "Circuit of Wales - plans". Circuit of Wales. http://circuitofwales.com/plans/. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- "12,000 jobs promised at Ebbw Vale’s Circuit of Wales". South Wales Argus. 20 June 2013. http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/10497752.12_000_jobs_promised_at_Ebbw_Vale___s_Circuit_of_Wales/. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- "Campaigns - Circuit of Wales". Gwent Wildlife Trust. http://www.gwentwildlife.org/what-we-do/campaigns/circuit-wales. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- "Ebbw Vale racing circuit opposed by Open Spaces Society". BBC Wales. 13 March 2013. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-21767032. Retrieved 24 June 2013.
- Tom Cary (31 October 2012). "Circuit of Wales threatening to challenge Silverstone for control of UK's motorsport". Daily Telegraph. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/9647006/Circuit-of-Wales-threatening-to-challenge-Silverstone-for-control-of-UKs-motorsport.html. Retrieved 24 June 2013.