Camden, official residence of the Premier
Paget Parish is one of the nine parishes of Bermuda. It is named for William Paget, 4th Baron Paget de Beaudesert (1572–1629).
The parish is in the central south of the island chain, immediately south of Hamilton Harbour on the main island. It is joined to Warwick Parish in the southwest, and Devonshire Parish in the northeast. As with most of Bermuda's parishes, it covers just over 2.3 square miles or 1,500 acres.
About the parish
Natural features in Paget include Hamilton Harbour, Coral Beach, Elbow Beach, and Grape Bay, as well as Salt Kettle, a peninsula which protects the approach to Hamilton Harbour, and Hinson's Island, which though geographically closer to Warwick Parish, is part of Paget. The island's only hospital, King Edward VII Memorial, is in Paget.
Other notable features of Paget include Bermuda College, the Bermuda Division of the British Red Cross, Bermuda Botanical Gardens and Masterworks Museum of Bermuda Art.
Paget Marsh is a nature reserve in the parish, which is jointly administered by the Bermuda National Trust and the Bermuda Audubon Society. A boardwalk runs through the marsh to allow visitors access to its heart. The marsh covers 25 acres and preserves the appearance of Bermuda as it was when settlers first arrived. It is a lush and leafy green space of peat marsh, untamed by the imprint of man that has shaped the rest of the land of the islands; Paget March has remained much the same since before the arrival man.
|Parishes of Bermuda|