Gaelic: Bun Lòchaidh/Poll Lòchaidh
Munlochy post office and main street
Munlochy is a small village on the Black Isle on Ross-shire, lying at the head of Munlochy Bay. There are few early records of a settlement, but it seems likely that Munlochy expanded in the 1760s due to quarry workers extracting stone nearby to build Fort George on the far side of the Moray Firth.
- Gorton, John (1833). A topographical dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland: compiled from local information, and the most recent and official authorities. 1. Chapman and Hall. p. 95.