|Alyn and Deeside|
Mancot is a village in south-eastern Flintshire, found a mile and a half from Queensferry, a mile from Hawarden and 5 miles from Chester. According to the 2001, Mancot had a population of 3,462. In 1849 the population of the village was 282.
The name "Mancot" is believed to mean 'humble dwelling', with the earliest recorded reference to the village being in the late 13th century.
Mancot was earlier spelled with a double "tt" ending - Mancott. 
The village's one church is of the Presbyterian Church of Wales.
Mancot has a village hall, and a post office, park and playing fields, bowling green, library, a newsagent, a veterinary]] clinic, a primary school and the White Bear public house.
- A Topographical Dictionary of Wales by Samuel Lewis 1849, page 186
- Mancot, Hawarden Community Council, http://www.hawardencommunitycouncil.gov.uk/Contents/Text/Index.asp?SiteId=714&SiteExtra=11279163&TopNavId=712&NavSideId=9877, retrieved 5 January 2009