Welsh: Llandeilo Bertholau
Church of St. Teilo, Llantilio Pertholey
Llantilio Pertholey is a small village and ancient parish in Monmouthshire. It is located 1½ miles to the north-east of the market town of Abergavenny, just off the A465 road to Hereford. The parish covers a large area beneath the Skirrid, an outlier of the Black Mountains; much of the parish lies within the easternmost part of the Brecon Beacons National Park. It incorporates the populous village of Mardy, which is now contiguous with Abergavenny.
History and amenities
The 13th century mediæval Church of St Teilo is named after a 6th-century Bishop of Llandaff who was canonised for his good works. The church is a fine example of a rural church with three chantry chapels dating from about 1350.
The hamlet also had a primary school, which moved to the Mardy district in 1991. A popular pub, The Mitre, opposite the church closed some years ago.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
about Llantilio Pertholey)