St Andrew's Church, Hacconby
|Grantham and Stamford|
Haconby is a village in Kesteven, the south-western part of Lincolnshire. The population of the civil parish at the 2001 census was 448 increasing to 532 at the 2011 census. It is situated on the western edge of the Lincolnshire Fens, three miles north of Bourne.
The name of the village means 'Haakon's village', after a Norse landowner of that name in a past age. It has also been known as 'Hacconby', which spelling is used in the name of the parish council.
There was an Iron Age or Roman town near Stainfield.
Haconby's chapel is the smallest gallery-seated chapel in the country. The village church is dedicated to St Andrew. On 27 February 2008 the parish church spire was damaged by the 2008 Lincolnshire earthquake.
A former railway line passed north to south close to the east of the village - the Sleaford branch of the Great Northern Railway, which closed to passengers in 1930 and to freight in 1964. at Stainfield|url=http://www.heritagegateway.org.uk/Gateway/Results_Single.aspx?uid=MLI34920&resourceID=1006%7Cwork=Lincolnshire HER|publisher=English Heritage|accessdate=8 September 2013|quote=work carried out in advance of a gas pipeline identified iron age field boundaries, ditches and a storage pit. it is suggested that Stainfield Roman settlement was established in the late iron age before the Roman road of King Street was constructed}}</ref>
About the village
Stainfield Spa, a mile and a half to the west of the village, is a chalybeate spring discovered in 1720 by Dr Edward Greathead of Lincoln.
The village has no shops; just a pub, the Hare and Hounds on West Road. The nearest post office and shops are in the adjacent village of Morton to the south.
The primary school closed in the 1970s.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|