Cynwyd is a village and parish in the Edeirnion area of Merionethshire, located about two miles south-west of Corwen. It had a population of 528 in 2001, and is home to a large factory, run by Ifor Williams Trailers.
Gwerclas Hall is situated approximately a mile north-west of Cynwyd village. The present grade II* listed building dates mainly to 1767 and was built for Hugh Hughes Lloyd, replacing a house that had stood on the site for several hundred years. In was constructed in three storeys with a three-bay frontage and a central pedimented porch entrance. The Gwerclas estate became part of the Rhug estate in 1824 on the death of Richard Hughes until it was sold in 1972.
Local pubs include:
- The Blue Lion
- The Prince of Wales
- Ysgol Maeshyfryd is the local primary school.
- Office for National Statistics : Census 2000 : Parish Headcounts : Denbighshire Retrieved 14 January 2010
- "Georgian face of Gwerclas Hall". The Free Library. http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Georgian+face+of+Gwerclas+Hall.-a0135059508. Retrieved 6 January 2014.