St Stephen's church
Cold Norton is a village and parish on the Dengie Peninsula in Essex. It is located in rural countryside 10 miles to the east of Chelmsford, and lies just over a mile to the north of the River Crouch, which can be seen from the village's main hill. Nearby villages include Purleigh and North Fambridge.
There are 412 dwellings, some industrial and commercial enterprises and the Three Rivers Golf and Country Club.
There are two golf courses at Three Rivers Golf and Country Club, The 18 hole 6,449-yard par-72 Kings Course and the smaller 18-hole par-64 Jubilee Course.
Cold Norton Primary School is in St Stephens Road.
The local parish church, St Stephen's, was the location of the first Church of England marriage ceremony to be conducted by a woman priest.
The Stow Maries Aerodrome is situated within Cold Norton. It is a Grade-II-listed World War I aerodrome built to defend London from zeppelin attack. 24 buildings are remain standing, which have been sympathetically restored.
The Norton Public House was reopened in August 2009 being run on a voluntary basis by local residents with the cooperation of the owners of the freehold and was featured in the television series "Save our Boozer" shown on UKTV Blighty.
Cold Norton was the location for the fictional HMP Cold Norton in the 2010 series of Law & Order: UK, an ITV1 crime series.
The village hall has secured £348,500 from the Big Lottery Fund. The money comes from the lottery fund's community buildings programme.
- "Civil Parish 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. http://www.neighbourhood.statistics.gov.uk/dissemination/LeadKeyFigures.do?a=7&b=11122179&c=Cold+Norton&d=16&e=62&g=6425459&i=1001x1003x1032x1004&o=362&m=0&r=1&s=1472809769856&enc=1. Retrieved 2 September 2016.
- "Our Village". http://www.cold-norton.org.uk/our_village.htm. Retrieved 2009-01-16.
- "Cold Norton Village Hall receives massive lottery grant". This is Total Essex. http://www.thisistotalessex.co.uk/news/COLD-NORTON-Village-hall-receives-massive-lottery-grant/article-574159-detail/article.html. Retrieved 2009-01-16.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
about Cold Norton)
- Cold Norton - Parish Council
- Three Rivers Golf and Country Club
- Information and photographs of Cold Norton Village
- The history of Cold Norton
- Save The Norton - Norton Public House website