| Preseli Pembrokeshire,|
and South Pembrokeshire
Cilrhedyn is a hamlet in Pembrokeshire and a parish that also extends into Carmarthenshire in the hill country to the south of the Teifi valley. The Afon Cych divides it into two unequal parts: West Cilrhedyn in Pembrokeshire and the larger East Cilrhedyn in Carmarthenshire. The parish church is in West Cilrhedyn.
The place name is in the Welsh language, meaning "bracken nook". The area is largely Welsh-speaking.
West Cilrhedyn' (Pembrokeshire) consists entirely of scattered farms. Its census populations are: 215 (1801): 257 (1851): 190 (1901): 127 (1951): 105 (1981). It now forms part of the civil community of Clydau.
East Cilrhedyn (Carmarthenshire) includes the villages of Capel Iwan and Cwmorgan. Its census populations were: 517 (1801): 806 (1851): 691 (1901): 570 (1931). It now forms part of the civll community of Cenarth.
- Charles, B. G., The Placenames of Pembrokeshire, National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth, 1992, ISBN 0-907158-58-7, p 363