Bolton Low Houses
|Bolton Low Houses|
Oddfellows Arms, Bolton Low Houses
Bolton Low Houses is a small village in Cumberland, along the old Roman road from Luguuallium to Alauna, now the A595 from Carlisle to Maryport, at a bridge on the River Waver. The village is three miles south of Wigton.
In 1831, Samuel Lewis noted that there was a meeting house for dissenters in Bolton Low Houses.
The village today contains a Methodist Chapel and a pub, the Oddfellows Arms.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
about Bolton Low Houses)
- Royal Commission on Coal Supplies: Reports (HMSO 1904) page 99
- North of England Institute of Mining and Mechanical Engineers: Transactions page 110
- North of England Institute of Mining and Mechanical Engineers: Transactions (1884) page 132
- Bolton Low – Lewis, Samuel: 'A Topographical Dictionary of England' (S. Lewis and Co., 1848) ISBN 978-0-8063-1508-9 page 182