Bausley is a township of the ancient parish of Alberbury in Montgomeryshire, adjacent to the border with Shropshire. It forms the distinctive hook-shaped protrusion into that county and contains the easternmost point of its own. A part of Bausley and Montgomeryshire is detached from the main body to the south.
Together with Criggion it forms the civil community of Bausley with Criggion. Bausley was made a civil parish in 1866, and merged with that of Criggion in 1933. Bausley contains the settlements of Coedway and Crew Green, located on the B4393 road between Ford and Four Crosses.
The short-lived Potteries, Shrewsbury & North Wales branch railway from Kinnerley to the quarries at Criggion passed through the north of Bausley, with a station at Crew Green. It opened to passengers in 1871, but following a complaint to the Board of Trade concerning the condition of the bridge over the River Severn, the railway was inspected finding numerous track defects. The company had neither money nor will to carry out repairs and it was abandoned in June 1880. Part of the track bed between Crew Green and Melverley is now used as a road.
This Montgomeryshire article is a stub: help to improve Wikishire by building it up.