Aston is a township of the ancient parish of Lydham in south-eastern Montgomeryshire, adjacent to the border with Shropshire. The main part of the parish is detached in Shropshire. The township was made into a civil parish in 1866, but was merged into that of Churchstoke in 1933.
A small hill fort exists on the southern edge of Pentre Wood. It occupies the summit of a hill of about 700 feet altitude and commands an extensive prospect to the north and west over the plain of Churchstoke and Chirbury. A pig of lead inscribed with the name of the emperor Hadrian (AD 117-138) was found about the year 1775 near Aston Farmhouse.
- Location map: 52°30’53"N, 3°2’49"W
This Montgomeryshire article is a stub: help to improve Wikishire by building it up.