A hill fort west of Twynholm
|Council:||Dumfries and Galloway|
|Dumfries and Galloway|
Twynholm is a village and parish in Kirkcudbrightshire. It is located two miles north-north west of Kirkcudbright and four miles east of Gatehouse of Fleet on the main A75 trunk road. Surrounding parishes are Balmaghie to the north, Tongland to the east, Kirkcudbright to the south-east, Borgue to the south-west and Girthon to the west.
- Gordon, Rev. John "The Parish of Twynholm" in [The New Statistical Account of Scotland: Dumfries, Kirkcudbright, Wigton (1845) W. Blackwood and Sons. Page 37. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Blackie, Christina (1876) Etymological Geography Daldy, Isbister, & Company. Page 89. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Draught guidance: a kilt need underwear". Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "Drivers: David Coulthard". GrandPrix.com. http://www.grandprix.com/gpe/drv-coudav.html. Retrieved 13 December 2011.
- "Twynholm Parish Church". Historic Scotland. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "Cumstoun Castle". Historic Scotland. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|