Template:FP-Wilford Toll Bridge
Wilford Toll Bridge
Wilford Toll Bridge is locally referred to as the 'Halfpenny Bridge': it crosses the River Trent in Nottingham, county town of Nottinghamshire, carrying trams, pedestrians and bicycle. It originally opened as a toll bridge for general traffic in 1870, but was closed when declared unsafe in 1974.
The central span was demolished and a narrower footbridge opened in 1980, widened in 2015 from the tramway, but the original northern end of the bridge and toll house are preserved and are Grade II listed structures. (Read more)