Duleek is a town in Meath. It takes its name from the Irish word "daimh liag", meaning 'house of stone' or 'church'.
The first Anglo-Norman Lord of Meath, Hugh de Lacy, established a manor and a motte castle at Duleek. About 1180 he granted St Cianan's Church, together with certain lands, to the Augustinians. The churchyard of the now disused Church of Ireland church occupies part of the site of the early monastery (Read more)