Stanground is a residential area of the city of Peterborough to the east of Fletton. It is situated in the north of Huntingdonshire, on the border with Cambridgeshire. As with many of the neighbourhoods hereabout, Stanground was once a quiet Huntingdonshire village until the New Town development of Peterborough swallowed it. Stanground is now a place of modern housing developments.
The ecclesiastical parish of Saint John the Baptist in the Diocese of Ely covers the whole area. However, it has now been placed under the pastoral care of the Bishop of Peterborough, acting as Assistant Bishop in the Diocese of Ely. Lampass Cross, a 12th-century scheduled monument, stands in the churchyard.
The parish, along with its church, appears as Stoneground in the ghost stories of E G Swain, who was vicar there from 1905–1916.
- Information about Stanground circa 1900 Kelly's Directory of Hunts. and Northamptonshire (p.60) Kelly & Co., London, 1903
- RELIGION: Bishops bridge boundaries aboard boat Peterborough Evening Telegraph, 02 August 2004
- Bridging the divide in a city Diocese of Ely, Ref. 0471, 29 July 2004
- Lampass Cross Hidden Heritage (retrieved 19 December 2009)