The civil parish borders those of Wootton, Hackleton, Hartwell, Ashton, Roade, Courteenhall and Grange Park. The latter housing estate, effectively all but an urban expansion of Northampton, is only 500 yards away across nearby fields.
The Parish Church is dedicated to St John the Baptist, mostly remodelled in 1801, though the tower is 13th century and there are Norman parts. There is a notable monument to Eleanor Maccalum (d.1909) in the churchyard of terracotta with angels at the head and foot.
- "13,500 new homes proposed for Northampton suburb - Northampton Chronicle and Echo". http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/13500-new-homes-proposed-for.4620713.jp. Retrieved 2008-10-24.
- Pevsner, Nikolaus (1961). The Buildings of England – Northamptonshire. London and New Haven: Yale University Press. pp. 80. ISBN 978-0-300-09632-3.