St Andrew, Monkton Wyld
Monkton Wyld is a hamlet in western Dorset, some three miles north-east of Lyme Regis, close to the Marshwood Vale and to Wootton Fitzpaine (with which it shares a civil parish if not a church parish).
The parish church is dedicated to St Andrew, it was designed by Richard Cromwell Carpenter.
Monkton Wyld Court
The largest building in the hamlet is Monkton Wyld Court, the former rectory built in 1848 in the Gothic style and today a Grade II listed building. Like the church, Monkton Wyld Court was designed by Richard Cromwell Carpenter.
The house has terraced south facing lawns, a dairy farm and an organic walled kitchen garden. The building was used between 1940 and 1982 as a residential school and is now run by a community as an educational centre for sustainable living.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
about Monkton Wyld)