Madderty parish church
|Council:||Perth & Kinross|
Madderty is a village and parish in Strathearn, Perthshire. It lies on the former railway line connecting Perth and Crieff. The Gask Ridge and its Roman road lie to the south and the remains of Inchaffray Abbey to the north.
Madderty is mentioned in a charter of about 1200, at which time there was a church dedicated to Saint Ethernan in the village. The present parish church in Madderty was built in 1689 and remodelled in 1867.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
This Perthshire article is a stub: help to improve Wikishire by building it up.