Loch Fannich was dammed and its water level raised as part of the Conon Hydro-Electric Power Scheme, built by the North of Scotland Hydro-Electric Board between 1946 and 1961. An underground water tunnel leading from Loch Fannich to the Grudie Bridge Power Station required blasting out a final mass of rock beneath the loch, a procedure which was referred to popularly as "Operation Bathplug".
- "Conon Hydro-Electric Power Scheme." 
- Addison, Henry Robert; Oakes, Charles Henry; Lawson, William John (1905). Who's Who. 57. A. & C. Black. p. 136. http://books.google.com/books?id=vDsJAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA136.
- "NH2064 : Sign for Cabuie Lodge". geograph.org.uk. http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1233923. Retrieved 22 October 2010.