The church of St Adeline, Little Sodbury
Little Sodbury is a village in Gloucestershire, standing between Chipping Sodbury, to the west, Old Sodbury to the south, Badminton, and the A46 road to the east and Horton and Hawkesbury Upton, to the north.
St Adeline's Church was built in 1859 by William James.
Little Sodbury Manor is originally 15th century, the home of Sir John Walsh who employed William Tyndale as chaplain and tutor to his grandchildren in 1522-3; by tradition he began his translation of the Bible in his bedroom here. The manor retains the porch and Great Hall, with a timber roof resting on corbels carved as shield-bearing angels, of the fifteenth-century courtyard house. The house fell into disrepair in the nineteenth century, but was restored by architect Sir Harold Brakspear for Lord Grosvenor and later Baron de Tuyll.
Little Sodbury is one of three Thankful Villages in Gloucestershire - those rare places that suffered no fatalities during the Great War of 1914 to 1918.
Little Sodbury hill fort
Little Sodbury has an Iron Age hill fort, reshaped by the Romans.
| ("Wikimedia Commons" has material|
about Little Sodbury)
- Sodbury Players - local amateur dramatics group in the Yate and Chipping Sodbury Area
- Information on Little Sodbury from GENUKI
- The Modern Antiquarian: Little Sodbury Hillfort