Little Ouse, Norfolk
Little Ouse was formed into an ecclesiastical parish in 1866, from detached and outlying portions of the ancient parishes of Hilgay; Feltwell St Mary and St Nicholas; Littleport and the entirety of Feltwell Anchor and Redmere, both formerly extra-parochial. The church was dedicated to St John the Evangelist, but is now deconsecrated and converted into two private houses. It is in the Early English style, of flint with stone dressings, and was built at the sole expense of the late Rev. Canon E. B. Sparke. It is situated on the south bank of the Little Ouse river, about two miles above its confluence with the Great Ouse. For ecclesiastical purposes it is now conjoined to Littleport.
The lowest trig point in Britain is near Little Ouse; it sits at three feet below sea level.
- Location map: 52°28’37"N, 0°22’59"E