St Nicholas, Little Chishill
It is a hillside village, on the slope up from the brook marking the county border up towards Chrishall Common, which is the highest place in Essex. Great and Little Chishill are joined not by a direct road but by a bridleway across the hill, and indirectly by road.
The Domesday Book of 1086 records that Cishella, which was held by tenants of Count Eustace of Boulogne Geoffrey de Mandeville.
The parish church of Little Chishill is St Nicholas, which was probably founded around the same time as St Swithun's, Great Chishill.
- Great and Little Chishill community website